One day introduction to the fantastic world of ski mountaineering. Away from the noisy crowds on the slopes, we immerse ourselves in a world of soft powder, spectacular views, pristine valleys and fun runs.
Ski mountaineering in the Dolomites, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a unique experience: wide snowy slopes, perfect for skiing, are bordered by vertical rock faces and sharp peaks, making the panorama simply fantastic.
The Dolomites offer numerous itineraries suitable for beginners and novices, or even for those who want to try ski mountaineering for the first time to see if it is an activity they enjoy!
Here are a few examples, but I can also suggest other routes in the most beautiful places of the Dolomites!
– Ski touring at Forca Rossa del San Pellegrino
– Ski touring at forcella Giau and Corvo Alto (monte Mondeval) – ogni giovedìi
– Ski touring at forcella della Neve on Cadini di Misurina
– Ski touring at forcella Forada on Monte Pelmo
– Ski touring at Spiz de Zuel (Civetta)
On the other hand, if you already know that ski mountaineering is your sport and you are convinced that you want to approach this discipline in an organic and complete way, I suggest you look at the programme of the basic ski mountaineering course.
Meeting time: 8.30am – Meeting point: parking in Pra d’Adamo area , km 7+100 of SP638 of passo Giau (Cortina d’Ampezzo side), about 100 m before the cross to Malga Giau (always coming from Cortina d’Ampezzo)
End in the early afternoon.
Price and general infos:
- 1 person – 380€/person
- 2 persons – 190€/person
- 3 persons – 140€/person
- 4 persons – 110€/person
Term of cancellation: flexible
What to bring
- personal ski touring equipment (skis, boots, bindings, skins and ski crampons)
- avalanche self-rescue kit (avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe)
- backpack with energy snacks and hot drink
- ski helmet (recommended)
- ABS or airbag backpack (recommended)
- UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide guiding
- third-part liability insurance
- avalanche self-rescue kit for those without one
The fee does not include:
- anything not specified under “Fee includes”