Monte Sief is a wonderful and easy ski mountaineering itinerary, perfect for beginners and novices. The modest slopes that lead from the Castle of Andraz to the Sief Pass are ideal for those who are new to ski mountaineering and will allow you to safely learn the various climbing techniques typical of ski mountaineering. Once you have reached the Sief Fork, the slopes become slightly steeper, but still manageable, until you reach the top of Mount Sief along the rounded final ridge.
The panorama that can be admired from the top of Mount Sief is spectacular and extends 360° over the main peaks of the Dolomites.
The descent from Mount Sief follows the same route as the ascent, through wide meadows and gentle clearings. The wide slopes allow you to ski freely, in search of the best snow. From time to time you come across some small huts, which make the landscape enchanting and evocative. The view of the Andraz Castle covered in snow and the First World War trenches at the top will also give this ski mountaineering outing a strong historical character.
The moderate slopes, the beauty of the surroundings and the satisfaction of the skiing make this itinerary suitable for the first steps in ski mountaineering or for days with a high risk of avalanches.
Meeting time and place: 8.30am at hotel La Baita, on the road that connect Caprile to Andraz Castle and Falzarego Pass.
End in the early afternoon.
Price and general infos:
- 1 person – 380€/person
- 2 persons – 190€/person
- 3 persons – 140€/person
- 4 persons – 110€/person
Term of cancellation: flexible
What to bring
- personal ski touring equipment (skis, boots, bindings, skins and ski crampons)
- avalanche self-rescue kit (avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe)
- backpack with energy snacks and hot drink
- ski helmet (recommended)
- ABS or airbag backpack (recommended)
- UIAGM/IFMGA Mountain Guide guiding
- third-part liability insurance
- avalanche self-rescue kit for those who do not have one (digital ARTVA with three antennas, shovel with metal spoon and probe)
The fee does not include:
- anything not specified under “Fee includes”